Friday, April 15, 2011

Surprise, Surprise!

I am the worst person at keeping surprises. Aland and my sister Yuri both beg me NOT to tell them what I got them for either their birthdays or Christmas. I just get so excited and I have to share.  This year, Aland will be 30 in May, which is a monumental age, and I told him what I got him. Sigh. I just can't keep surprises. With all that said, it is with honor that I tell you this surprise ("honor," because it took some coercing and bribing from Aland, but  I kept my mouth shut until the release date). 

Remember back when we were talking about our " Community Line?" Well, we left out a lovely piece of the story. The new flavors have new packaging!  (Someone blow a kazoo!) What?  That's not so exciting?  Fine. I'll elaborate. The new pops come in the bonafide form of a push-up pop and will be introduced in May at Doof-a-Palooza (Foodbackwards.com).

You heard it right here, folks: Cranky Boots will be serving push-up pops in places of community, like bars, cafes, and local stores. We will also be helping 100 kids make their choice of either Chocolate Puddin' ( No Cabernet in this one) or Frutti Tutti Pop Xplosion ( AKA Hibiscus Pineapple Limeade with our own variation of Pop Rocks)  push-up pops at Doof-a-Palooza, for free. Make sure you come!

The push-up mold is not recycable, unfortunately BUT it is re-usable, which is one of the reasons why we are only selling/giving them in places where people would be more apt to take them home and make their own.

Here's the flavors they come in:
-Strawberry Basil
-Banana w/ burnt Caramel and Sea-Salt
-Hibiscus Pineapple Limeade ( AKA Frutti Tutti)
-Grapefruit and Cream
-Chocolate Puddin' Cabernet
-Blackberrry with Black Sesames and Yuzu ( Oops, I told another surprise! Stay tuned).
-Figs with Goat Yogurt and a Balsamic Gastrique
-Pumpkin Float ( Imagine if homemade Root beer  married A la mode Pumpkin Pie)







2 comments:

  1. Brian, I love it! " Whattup Pops?" Should that be the name of our push-up pops?

    ReplyDelete

What's up? Tell us your pop joys and your pop woes. Go on ...we're listening.